We are proud to offer a learning environment that aims to specifically enrich children’s learning in the Kindergarten year. The Queensland Kindergarten Learning Guidelines (QKLG) supports Teachers and Early Educators to implement professional practice in a range of contexts. It provides opportunities for young children to access high quality and educational programs in a stimulating, safe and caring environment. The QKLG promotes learning through play, emergent and planned learning experiences and interactions. Play is a natural child-directed way for children to learn new concepts and to develop new skills that will provide the basis for success in
future settings. It is through play that children learn the skills necessary to effectively participate in the world.
In Kindergarten you will see your child:
- Investigating interests
- Making choices
- Talking with teachers and other children
- Designing and making things
- Singing, dancing and painting
- Listening to stories
- Playing indoor and outdoor games
- Climbing, balancing and jumping
- Planning and sharing in make believe play
- Taking part in everyday experiences like gardening and tidying up
- Learning about size, shape, weight and measurement as they construct indoors and outdoors
We believe that everyone is unique and that all children develop at their own level. Therefore we aim to ensure that all needs and abilities are catered for. Parents are encouraged to discuss any issues or change that impact on your child with the teachers.