- Children are intrinsically motivated and they will succeed when their learning activities incorporate movement and opportunities for independence
- Children will become self-disciplined when they are empowered to choose learning activities designed for specific developmental and learning needs
- Each room in the centre is a respectful community of mixed-age learners
- Rooms and other centre spaces are learning environments prepared with curriculum and materials
- Parents understand and support the purposes of the centre; they are partners.